MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN A STUDENT'S LIFE!
Are you passionate about helping people? Are you driven by the challenge of meeting expectations and goals?
Southern Careers Institute is currently seeking a talented, experienced Collections Specialist for our south Austin, Texas corporate location. As a Collections Specialist, you will have the opportunity to perform the following duties.
• Inform students of their overdue accounts and solicit payment while adhering to FDCPA laws and internal policies and procedures;
• Employ effective skip tracing techniques to locate and notify customer of delinquent accounts through outbound/inbound calls;
• Negotiate payment programs with delinquent students;
• Monitor private loan portfolio agings and contact students to avoid loan default;
• Issue past due letters to overdue accounts;
• Monitor receivables and collections and provide updates of receivables and appropriate reporting to management;
• Reconcile transactions and balances to maintain accurate accounts;
• Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
• High school diploma or equivalency required;
• 2 – 3 years of previous student loan collection experience or similar collections experience;
• English/Spanish bilingual;
• Strong knowledge of MS office suite.
Since 1960, the team at Southern Careers Institute (SCI) has been focused on one goal; helping our community gain the job skills necessary for gainful employment. To meet our objective, SCI is searching for committed and talented team members with a desire to provide a “Student First” experience at our campuses and home office.
Based in Austin, Texas, SCI is a vocational education institution providing job training and employment services for Texans. Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education and approved by the Texas Workforce Commission – Career Schools and Colleges, SCI offers job training programs in business, cosmetology, medical, pharmacy, technology and trades within seven (7) campuses located throughout Texas as well as online virtual courses.
By joining SCI, you not only become part of a team sharing a commitment to helping our students become qualified for a career in their chosen profession, but you become part of improving your community through education.
What you can expect as an SCI Team Member:
Join a diverse and talented team making a difference in our students and our community!
Southern Careers Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.