Check out some other jobs from Southern Careers Institute
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN A STUDENT'S LIFE!
Are you passionate about helping people? Are you driven by the challenge of meeting expectations and goals?
Southern Careers Institute is currently seeking a talented, experienced Collections Specialist for our south Austin, Texas corporate location. As a Collections Specialist, you will have the opportunity to perform the following duties.
• Inform students of their overdue accounts and solicit payment while adhering to FDCPA laws and internal policies and procedures;
• Employ effective skip tracing techniques to locate and notify customer of delinquent accounts through outbound/inbound calls;
• Negotiate payment programs with delinquent students;
• Monitor private loan portfolio agings and contact students to avoid loan default;
• Issue past due letters to overdue accounts;
• Monitor receivables and collections and provide updates of receivables and appropriate reporting to management;
• Reconcile transactions and balances to maintain accurate accounts;
• Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
• High school diploma or equivalency required;
• 2 – 3 years of previous student loan collection experience or similar collections experience;
• English/Spanish bilingual;
• Strong knowledge of MS office suite.
Get Ready to become a #lifechanger with Woz U, Southern Careers Institute and Coder Camps.
Based in Austin, TX and Scottsdale, AZ, our family of companies are higher-education, postsecondary institutions providing career training and employment services for our students and alumni. Join us on a mission to change the lives of each of our students through education, relevant career training, and even after graduation.
We are searching for committed and talented team members with a desire to provide a “student first” experience from our campuses to our home offices. We call ourselves “life changers” because on a daily basis we strive to change the lives of our students from graduation and beyond.
We strive to maintain a family-level culture from each of our campuses to our corporate office. Our goal is strengthening communities through education and getting our students lasting careers and professions.
Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education and approved by the Texas Workforce Commission – Career Schools and Colleges, SCI offers programs and seminars in Business, Cosmetology, Medical, Skilled-Trades, and Technology with 7 campuses throughout south and central Texas as well as online.
Woz U, as part of SCI, offers technical career training in software development with immersive coding bootcamps online. Coder Camps offers technical career training in full-stack web and additional technology programs with immersive coding bootcamps at ground campuses in Phoenix, Seattle and online.
What you can expect as a Team Member with Woz U, SCI and Coder Camps:
Woz U, SCI and Coder Camps are Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.