Desktop Support Analyst (Retail)
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
- Must be able to start in two weeks from an offer
- No 3rd party agency submissions please
Our leading Retail client in San Francisco is seeking a Desktop Support Analyst for VIP, C-Level support. This is a long-term consulting role (1 year +) and based in Downtown San Francisco.
iTalent offers our W2 employees benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401K. We are a great company to work for!
The Desktop Support Analyst is responsible for resolving all tier-2 support incidents and work orders, including those impacting or involving end-users on Windows and Mac environments.
The analyst will be dedicated to specifically work with the our client's C-level audience and their admin's (CEO, CFO, CMO, etc), as well as potentially other high level executives.
The Analyst's primary responsibility is to lead the way in following best practices, find secure, agile, flexible, and reliable solutions that support the company’s growing Windows and Mac environments. Additionally, the Analyst must be able to manage the complex software requirements often necessary to support the varied roles of the end-user.
The Desktop Support Analyst will be responsible to perform the following primary roles:
- Participate on a cross-functional team designing, building and testing solutions to support the desktop Windows and Mac environments.
- Diagnose and resolve unique, nonrecurring problems associated with application software and operating systems; determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority and nature.
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
- Create alternative methods of completing tasks, correcting user errors and system inconsistencies to improve the desktop team function.
- Participate in hardware and software reviews and recommend purchases.
- Maintain inventory of installed software, manage software licensing and create policies and procedures for upgrades.
- Work with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensure that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule.
- Analyze and make recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Document procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions.
- Previous and proven work experience supporting a company's top level executives.
- Work experience in a large environment - 1,000 employees or more.
- Previous experience working in a Retail environment is preferred.
- Minimum of five years related experience required in technical support and customer service.
- Strong Communication Skills and exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to get along with all types of temperaments!
- The candidate must exhibit task and time management skills, oral and written communication skills, technical expertise, and a dedication to resolve problems effectively and efficiently while minimizing disruptions.
- Solid knowledge of all current Windows 7 and Mac OS and hardware.
- Experience with enterprise wide OS/application refresh projects.
- Experienced in supporting standard enterprise applications, such as Anti-virus/malware client, Microsoft Office/Outlook, VPN, etc.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, virtual desktop, and thin clients.
- Experience with enterprise drive encryption technologies such as Bitlocker/MBAM.
- Experienced in supporting tablet and mobile devices in an enterprise setting.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse groups in a team environment using logic based troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to demonstrate progressive experience in the field of technical support.
- Experience supporting Microsoft standard desktop applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Exchange, Visio, and Outlook.
- Able to demonstrate experience supporting customer interactions and troubleshooting experience supporting Active Directory and SCCM.
- Telecom experience desired
- Ability to be flexible and adapt / react to dynamic industry and rapid changes in information technology.
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive; requires little supervisory attention.
- Ability to maintain customer focus during difficult circumstances.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift and deploy IT equipment amongst multiple floors/buildings.
iTalent Corporation A woman and minority-owned digital consulting company, we celebrate individuals and diversity, maintaining a culture where our people can excel and lead healthy, happy lives. We offer our employees the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be centered, confident, and aware. We strongly believe iTalent Corporation has the power to inspire and transform our clients, our people, and our communities.
What you get:
You get the chance to work with some of the best brands and high-performance teams out there! iTalent offers our W2 consultants excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401K + matching. We are growing and we want to see you grow!
Log onto www.iTalentcorp.com to learn more about what working at iTalent can mean for you.