As a Systems Administrator on the operations teams you will provide support for our customer's desktop, server, and network environment. The candidate that fills this role must have a thirst for knowledge. You must be passionate about system level troubleshooting and must have the desire and ability to jump into new technologies to drive incident/problem resolution and process improvements.
The team you are joining provides world-wide technical support of infrastructure components such as OS, AD, SCCM, SCOM, SCSM, and is the escalation point for the manufacturing/onsite support teams. The candidate’s primary responsibility will is support of assigned components but also providing 3rd tier support for all locations globally. This position will be based out of AKRON, Ohio with occasion travel to other locations.
- Component Owner for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012. This includes developing and supporting standards for software delivery (applications, and patches), asset inventory (HW & SW), Operating Systems deployment (Win 7, Win8 and Win10), AV/SCEP, and reporting through SSRS/PowerBI. This will also include engineering our customer's SCCM global strategy, managing infrastructure and providing component roadmaps. Strong PowerShell/Scripting experience is a requirement. Key focus on standardization and documentation.
- Component owner for Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10. This includes developing and enforcing operating standards for the Windows Desktop environment. This role will architect the complete desktop strategy for Windows 10. Proven experience with windows 7/8 design and deployment in large/medium sized organizations is required. Strong Active Directory and Group Policy design will be instrumental to the success of this candidate. Experience with managed (locked down) desktop environments is also required. Key focus on standardization and documentation.
- He/She will provide situation management, Incident resolution, and drive root cause analysis through ITIL processes.
- Ability organize and facilitate meetings between technical teams; act as situation manager; communicate with IT leadership.
- Ability to provide 24/7 support for our customer's infrastructure. Candidate must have desire and ability to build new processes and drive efficiencies through collaborative solutions.
- Candidate will be accountable for technical management of vendor relationships for the numerous technology products that are specific to our customer.
Minimum technical/education requirements:
- 5 or more years supporting Microsoft Windows Desktop
- 5 years supporting Windows 2008/2012 Server OS, AD and group policy
- 5 years scripting and/or development experience (VBScript, PowerShell, C#, ASP.NET)
- 5 years or more supporting SCCM in an enterprise environment
- Proven Managed Desktop engineering / architecture experience
Preferred technical/experience requirements:
- 5 years or more supporting SCOM in an enterprise environment
- 5 years or more SCSM/SCORCH in an enterprise environment
- 3 years or more supporting Microsoft SSRS or PowerBI
- 3 years or more supporting enterprise VDI
- 3 years or more supporting Microsoft App-V
- ITIL Foundations certified or equivalent experience in an ITIL environment
- Security+ or CISSP certification
- 1 year or more supporting Microsoft Azure
- 1 year or more supporting Office 365/Skype for Business experience
- Responsive web design/Mobile application development