Network Security Architect
- U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
- Must be able to start in two weeks from an offer
- No 3rd party agency submissions please
Our leading client in Pleasanton, CA, is looking for Network Security Architect
This is a contract role. During your contracting, iTalent offers our W2 employees benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401K. We are a great company to work for!
This position will act as a primary technical principal and is responsible for delivery of network security solutions at an enterprise level. Expertise with network infrastructure and security technologies such as NAC, LAN, WAN, Wireless, IDS/IPS, Firewall and Data Center. Ideal candidates will have Data Center experience. Candidates for this position must be able to, from day one, roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running, and bring their experience to the team to make the project deployments much smoother.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee planning, design, implementation, and operation of network security projects and participate in the specification of business requirements and implementation plans for technically advanced internetworking solutions
- Manage implementation of network security projects, from both technical and communication aspects.
- Review network design for network security and other risks during course of projects. Serve as a liaison to vendors and/or third-party providers as assigned
- Provide on-site and remote technical assistance to other resources and to customers
- Provide infrastructure design, implementation planning, deployment support, software strategy, system troubleshooting, performance engineering and optimization, maintenance strategy.
- Provide technical guidance, knowledge transfer and mentorship to State Fund internal engineering peers as required and lead technical staff responsibilities.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with other team on network optimization.
- Secures network and server systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information.
- Minimum of 7+ years related network engineering and customer support experience.
- Must have architecture, design and deployment experience with Palo Alto Network Firewall, Cisco ASA.
- Must have architecture, design and deployment experience with Cisco ISE and Network Admission Control (NAC)
- Must have Solid working knowledge with security tools such as NAC, Antivirus, Firewall, IDS/IPS
- At least 5+ years of Data Center experience.
- Project Management, Problem Solving, Expert LAN and WAN Knowledge, Complex Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning, People Management.
- Thorough understanding of networking technologies, including administration of enterprise routers, switches, firewalls and load-balancers (OSI layers 4-7)
- Expertise with Cisco ACE, F5 and Citrix Load Balancers.
- Strong OSI layer 2 knowledge and practical experience, including various flavors of STP, ARP, QOS, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of OSI layer 3 networks and protocols, including broadcast, multicast, anycast concepts, routing, etc.
- Expertise with various routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Understanding of network security methodologies as a whole, including but not limited to: ACLs, Stateful firewalls, VPNs (tunneling, IPsec, PPTP, etc.)
- Fluency with common network admin and intrusion detection tools such as Rancid, OpenNMS, Nagios, Ethereal/Wireshark, Nmap, Nessus, Netflow, etc.
- Administrative scripting skills (Perl, UNIX shell scripting)
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS, NX-OS, both Cisco Nexus 1K, 2K, 5K 7K and non-Nexus series switches, Cisco routers and other Cisco networking gear.
- Solid understanding of data center related technology and collocation environment.
- In-depth knowledge of MPLS network.
- Ability to think and operate as a team player
- Extremely strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience managing network service and similar support providers in a client/vendor relationship
- Ability to operate as independently or as part of collaborative effort
- Demonstrate strong project leadership and ability to develop strong working relationships with customer technical personnel.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to apply them during business impacting incidents.
- Capable of mentor others and lead by example.
Qualifications and Certifications:
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE) certification is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, IT, or similar disciplines).
- Equivalent work experience implementing and operating enterprise level data center and/or office networks.
- CCIE security certifications required
iTalent Corporation A woman and minority-owned digital consulting company, we celebrate individuals and diversity, maintaining a culture where our people can excel and lead healthy, happy lives. We offer our employees the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be centered, confident, and aware. We strongly believe iTalent Corporation has the power to inspire and transform our clients, our people, and our communities.
What you get:
You get the chance to work with some of the best brands and high-performance teams out there! iTalent offers our W2 consultants excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401K + matching. We are growing and we want to see you grow!
Log onto iTalentcorp.com to learn more about what working at iTalent can mean for you.