Job Title: Delivery Person FLSA: Non-Exempt
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Delivers product to customers. Responsible for store cleanliness, inside and out.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant Managers, Kitchen Manager, Floral Manager, Online Shopping Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment
- Delivers products to customers, collects payment, and makes change for payment when necessary.
- Returns payments and beginning cash to store.
- Maintains food and groceries at proper temperature in accordance with food safety standards and to ensure food quality and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Facilitates the maintenance and upkeep to delivery vehicles.
Education and Experience
No specific education required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote the values of the company
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and interact with people in a friendly, professional manner
- Ability to identify problems, develop and execute solutions
- Have the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies verbally or in writing
This position is continually exposed to dust, noise, temperature extremes, dampness, vibrations, and equipment movement hazard. There is significant work pace/pressure to deliver product in a timely manner.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Delivery vehicle, telephone
Employees must possess a valid driver’s license, with no DOT restrictions, and be 18 years or older to drive a company vehicle
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction
- Must be physically able to perform medium work: occasionally lifting or carrying objects of no more than 50 pounds, with frequent standing, walking, and lifting/carrying of objects of no more than 25 pounds
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions
- Must be physically able to enter and exit a delivery vehicle many times a day, traverse staircases and other rough terrain to reach delivery destination
Responsible for payments received for delivery of products when applicable
Has daily contact with store personnel, customers, and the general public