Sorry, but this job is expired
Check out some other jobs from Clearfit
THE POSITION: Head Chef/Kitchen Manager
Seeking a high energy chef/manager to partner with a passionate management team and open high volume concept. Culinary experience is required to help establish recipes and format a menu for a brand new concept. Main focus is to oversee all BOH operations and is responsible for purchasing, receiving, preparation, and presentation of all food products in a timely manner and according to established recipes and procedures.
• Supervises and participates in the production and preparation of food.
• In conjunction with all management, enforces compliance with all employment policies in area of responsibility.
• Works during peak business times to set the pace in the BOH.
• Manages through “hands on” supervision of the restaurant. This includes but is not limited to non-scheduled assistance with serving, hosting, cooking, etc.
• Monitors all food item ticket times.
• Conducts formal line taste and temperature checks.
• Ensures proper handling, maintenance, and storage of all items in the kitchen.
• Maintains budgeted food and kitchen labor costs.
• Maintains proper inventories.
• Tracks waste on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
• Maintains equipment and educates staff on equipment cleaning procedures.
• Ensures security measures are enforced at all times.
• Maintains a safe, fun, and clean work environment for the staff.
• Understands and practices safe food handling procedures.
• Ensures that the cleanliness of the restaurant and safety of our guests are maintained at all times.
• Develops all BOH employees, keys, and managers.
• Cross-trains BOH employees and oversees their development.
• In charge of evaluations on all BOH staff.
• Completes first interviews of all BOH personnel.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate, conduct, and conform to a set of values and accepted standards
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: 2 or more years as a GM or KM in a full-service, high volume restaurant concept. Strong culinary background, preferential to seafood and steaks.
Computer Skills: Word, Excel
• Good organizational skills
• An effective communicator
• The ability to problem solve and handle high stress situations
• Detail oriented
• Able to work ten hour-plus shifts
• Ability to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time.
• Able to grasp, lift, and/or carry up to 50 lbs. as needed
• Finger/hand dexterity to operate kitchen machinery, knives, etc.
• Able to withstand changes in temperature, occasional smoke, steam, and heat and work in a confined area
• Must possess hearing, visual, and sensory ability to observe and detect emergency situations; also to distinguish product, taste, texture, temperature, and presentation and preparation
This is a salaried position with benefits.
Finding the right job means a lot. It means you perform better. Enjoy work more. And open up new doors in your career.
ClearFit is the only “smart” job board that gives you an advantage with the jobs you fit best.
Our patented system uses a short but powerful Job Success Survey to identify careers you’ll enjoy doing and can succeed at based on your unique personality and experience.
When you apply for a job that fits you well, ClearFit will put your application at the top of the pile, helping you get noticed by the employers who matter most.
More jobs from Clearfit...