Check out some other jobs from Hy-Vee
Job Title: Lead Store Accounting Coordinator FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Grocery Revision Date: 11/2013
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Responsible for store accounting which includes posting sales, scans checks for back office conversion, cash accountability (completes deposit and balances system), accounts/expense payable, accounts receivable, and some inventory procedures.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Store Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations
Direct Reports: Accounting Coordinator
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by: (examples include)
· escorting them to the products they're looking for
· securing products that are out of reach
· loading or unloading heavy items
· making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
· performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
5. Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
6. Verifies registers as needed.
7. Evaluates money needs on a daily basis and keeps appropriate amounts in the safe.
8. Counts the safe, gift cards, gathers Western Union and other utility reports and verifies with prior day sales and their computer software.
9. Print necessary reports from each of the stores locations servers.
10. Scans checks, balances cash and checks, and prepares deposit.
11. Reconciles miscellaneous bag and verifies the ending balance on the register. (Miscellaneous bag contains coupons, charges, ROA's paid outs and other misc. payment items)
12. Prepares and reviews checkout and cash accountability report.
13. Reconciles invoices, enters into system, and sends to corporate.
14. Completes all other reconciliations monthly to balance with corporate.
15. Prepares unpaid invoice report, reconciles Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), and store accounts receivable with corporate on a monthly basis. Completes a Third-Party reconciliation for the pharmacy as needed.
16. Reconciles spread sheets of expenses and merchandise.
17. Reconciles FTD/Teleflora items monthly.
18. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
19. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
20. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Tracks vacation and personal days for all store employees.
2. Runs department invoice reports for the department heads to reconcile.
3. Prepares invoices held at store for corporate.
4. Collects bad checks when necessary.
5. Calls customers with charges 60 days old or older to get payment.
6. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
7. Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Instructing, assigning, reviewing, and planning the work of others, maintaining standards, allocating personnel, and coordinating the activities of others.
Education and Experience:
High school or equivalent experience. One to three years of similar or related work experience.
· Must be able to physically perform sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
· Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
· Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
· Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
· Must have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
· Must be able to file, post, and mail materials; copy data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic information; guide people and provide basic direction.
This position is continually exposed to money for reconciliation purposes. There is occasional pressure to meet deadlines.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Calculator, computer, telephone, cash register, intercom, and fax machines.
Responsible for all money, invoices and the purchasing of money.
Has daily contact with customers, suppliers/vendors, and the general public. Has weekly contact with community or trade/professional organizations when answering questions about accounts.
Has access to confidential information including payroll – wages, sales, safe code, and money.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating 240 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of $9.3 billion annually. Hy-Vee ranks among the top 25 supermarket chains and the top 50 private companies in the United States. Supermarket News, the authoritative voice of the food industry, has honored the company with a Whole Health Enterprise Award for its leadership in providing services and programs that promote a healthy lifestyle.