Check out some other jobs from Hy-Vee
Job Title: Sandwich Shop Clerk FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Delicatessen Revision Date: 05/2015
As a Sandwich Shop Clerk, this position will be responsible for filling customer orders, handling food in a safe manner, ordering and receiving products, making sure orders are correct, and labeling, dating, and putting product away. Additionally you will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Assistant Store Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant Managers, Delicatessen Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by: (examples include)
· escorting them to the products they're looking for
· securing products that are out of reach
· loading or unloading heavy items
· making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
· performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
5. Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking customer orders.
6. Takes customer orders at the Delicatessen counter.
7. Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
8. Reviews orders for the day.
9. Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
10. Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness.
11. Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and develops or follows a production list.
12. Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily basis.
13. Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.
14. Pulls product from cooler/freezer for preparation
15. Checks in product, puts product away, and review invoices.
16. Runs the department register and receives payment, makes change, etc, where applicable
17. Removes trash in a timely manner.
18. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
19. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
20. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Washes dishes as necessary.
2. Orders product and supplies as necessary.
3. Prices product for customers as necessary.
4. Delivers orders as needed.
5. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
6. Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
High school or equivalent experience with Food Safety Certification and six months or more or similar or related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
· Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
This position is continually exposed to meat, cheese, dust, noise, and temperature extremes. There is occasional exposure to cleaning chemicals/solvents. This is a fast paced work environment with significant pressure.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Panini machine, slicer, scale, shrink wrap machine, register, walk in cooler, knives, serving cases, and C.A.R.S. system.
Has daily contact with internal customers and the general public. Has weekly contact with suppliers/vendors. Has contact with Federal/State Governmental or Regulatory Agencies as necessary.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating 240 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of $9.3 billion annually. Hy-Vee ranks among the top 25 supermarket chains and the top 50 private companies in the United States. Supermarket News, the authoritative voice of the food industry, has honored the company with a Whole Health Enterprise Award for its leadership in providing services and programs that promote a healthy lifestyle.