Check out some other jobs from Hy-Vee
Job Title: Service Meat Clerk FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Meat Revision Date: 05/2015
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Wraps, trims, stocks cases, and receives merchandise in the Meat and/or Seafood Department.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Assistant Store Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant Managers, Meat Manager, Assistant Meat Manager, Seafood Manager; Assistant Seafood Manager; Meat Specialist
Direct Reports: Under certain circumstances, part-time stockers could receive direction from the person in this position
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by:
· escorting them to the products they're looking for
· securing products that are out of reach
· loading or unloading heavy items
· making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
· performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
5. Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking customer orders.
6. Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
7. Wraps, weighs, and labels product.
8. Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness, then stocks cases or rotates product.
9. Finishes trims on steaks, roasts, and chops in preparing these retail cuts, including seafood for traying.
10. Prepares and organizes seafood items for display.
11. Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
12. Replenishes and organizes the coolers.
13. Reports out-of-stock products to appropriate personnel.
14. Trays, slices, tenderizes, and grinds product.
15. Removes trash in a timely manner.
16. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
17. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
18. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares some signs for the department.
2. Orders replenishment merchandise as directed by management.
3. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
4. Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
High School or equivalent experience, food safety training. Six months or less of similar or related work.
· Must be physically able to exert up to 85 pounds of force (energy exerted) occasionally; exert up to 40 pounds of force frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
· Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
· Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
· Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
· Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
This position is continually exposed to a cool environment and dampness. There is frequent noise from the saws, exposure to cleaning solvents, and possibility of electrical shock. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Knives, Grinders, Patty Maker, Tenderizer, Slicer, Pallet jack, Tumbler, Wrapping system, and Rotisserie.
Deals with customers on a daily basis and vendors/suppliers on an as needed basis.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating 240 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of $9.3 billion annually. Hy-Vee ranks among the top 25 supermarket chains and the top 50 private companies in the United States. Supermarket News, the authoritative voice of the food industry, has honored the company with a Whole Health Enterprise Award for its leadership in providing services and programs that promote a healthy lifestyle.